Art-pop songstress Uno Lady is releasing new album on Volar Records. You can listen to the digital premiere today. Osmosis assimilates sounds and styles from ’60s pop, doo wop, folk, and soul. Preorder limited edition green vinyl and digital album at https://volarrecords.bandcamp.com/album/uno-lady-osmosis-lp
You can also listen on Spotify
“Washed Away” was recorded by Christa (Uno Lady) Ebert January 2017. Song written by Christa Ebert, Anna Jo, and Marcus Trana during Dark Songs at the Holiday Music Motel, Sturgeon Bay, WI, October 2016.
The song is about the sea level rising and the islands and coastal habitats that are lost due to climate change.
The Holiday Music Motel is a magical place that invites songwriters from around the world. Musicians travel to Sturgeon Bay to take part in the three songwriting festivals at the Holiday Music Motel (February’s ‘Love On Holiday,’ is happening this week! June’s ‘Steel Bridge Songfest’ and October’s ‘Dark Songs’). You can listen to the songs recorded at the Motel, year round at www.steelbridgeradio.com/listen
For the last three years I have participated in Dark Songs and a favorite from the last trip is “Washed Away.” It was co-written by myself, Anna Jonson who is a Wildland Firefighter and simultaneously the nicest and very badass, and Norway native Marcus Trana, recording engineer, entrepreneur and all around swell guy.
The version of “Washed Away” that we recorded together will be out in October. I’ll be sure to share it 🙂
Follow @theunolady on soundcloud, twitter and instagram
Calling all Cleveland Pets!
I want to sample your critters. Does your cat chirp, your dog howl, or your bunny growl? I’d like to use those sounds for a future recording.
Cool sounding pets will be featured on an upcoming Uno lady record. The record’s theme is Cleveland-centric, so I am looking for Northeast Ohio area animals only. If the animal noises are included, your pet will get credit for their artistic addition on the release and you will receive a free download of the song your pet is featured on.
- Interested pet parents should send a recording (Mp3 or WAV file) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please include your 1) your name 2) contact info 3) pets name how you’d like it listed on the release 4) what kind of animal your pet is.
- By sending in the recording you are giving me the rights to use, edit, and adapt your pet’s sound.
- Tips: Be conscious of the atmospheric noises when recording. It should sound like your pet, not your pet with laughter or music playing in the background.
- Disclaimer: Not all pet sounds will be used. No pets will get paid.
Artistic reenactment of pet credits